Most patients have heard of the facelift: a surgical procedure that can restore lost volume and smooth out wrinkled skin. Thanks to new treatment options, patients now have other ways to take years off their appearance–all by using injectables such as BOTOX® and dermal fillers.
At our Dallas practice, we offer the liquid facelift for patients who want a nonsurgical way to rejuvenate their face. Injectables can help create a fresh, youthful glow without the invasiveness of a traditional facelift. Patients no longer need to take time off work or save up for surgery. The liquid facelift can quickly transform your look in a few simple steps.
What is a liquid facelift?
A liquid facelift is a minimally invasive procedure that uses injectables to add facial volume, smooth imperfections, and reduce the overall appearance of aging. By combining specific products and treatments, we can customize the procedure to best address your aging issues.
A liquid facelift is commonly used to:
- Plump thinning lips
- Add volume to hollow cheeks
- Improve circles under the eye
- Fade wrinkles
- Reduce the appearance of a double chin
The process involves a small series of injections that typically take a few minutes each. All injections can be completed in a single sitting, and sessions usually last between 15 to 30 minutes.
Which products are used?
The specific kinds of injectables used are customized to match the needs of each patient. A few options include:
- Dermal fillers: Gel fillers such as JUVÉDERM® and Restylane® can be used to smooth out lines around the mouth and chin. JUVÉDERM VOLUMA™ XC can be used to add volume to hollowed cheeks.
- BOTOX & Dysport®: Erases wrinkles and fine lines around the brows, eyes, and forehead, creating a younger, relaxed appearance. Both products produce similar results and play a crucial part in a comprehensive liquid facelift.
- KYBELLA: Can reduce the amount of submental fat that creates a “double chin,” helping you have a slimmer, more sculpted face.
What is recovery like?
A small amount of bruising or tenderness is common after treatment. Patients can ice targeted areas after the procedure and should avoid strenuous exercise for 1 to 2 days. Those undergoing KYBELLA will likely have some swelling, bruising, or numbness under the chin. These issues are temporary and will fade.
Besides these mild side effects, there is little downtime required after a liquid facelift. Patients can return to work the next day if they wish. Results can last anywhere between 6 to 24 months, depending on the specific injectables used. Always find a board-certified dermatologist to perform a liquid facelift to guarantee safe, satisfying results.
The liquid facelift has helped countless patients transform their face, all without the need for surgery. Browse our before-and-after gallery to see some of the results dermal fillers and BOTOX can create. Request a consultation at our Dallas office online or by calling (214) 631-7546.